Thursday 18 February 2010

Dashing Tweed


After my research and portfolio work from Chelsea and my involvement with tartans, I decided to look into English woven pieces and came across dashing tweeds, which I actually looked up for my own research. So contacted them, went to meet Guy Hills and Kirsty McDougal who were really really lovely, after a quick chat darted off to another room to help style some jackets for some photos they were taking for some promotional work they had, and possibly selvedge magazine. So after that I then let them know any days I was free and used my time effectively helping Dashing Tweed with anything then needed. From setting up a loom, organising samples into bunches, making up promotional pieces for window display, helping to organise accounts and invoices etc. I’m still currently helping them out, and learning so much, all about how a company is set up, learning from their developments and what you have to do to become successful and all the hard work that goes into it. Has been wonderful to see the progression in fabrics they have achieved over the last 5 years, and would be great to see myself doing this kind of thing in the future.

No comments:

Post a Comment